Nancy Strohmer has updated her President's Post. See it to the right.
The on-line Unit Directory has been re-added to this website. In January the ACBL required that the Unit provide a method for members to 'opt out' of having their information shown in any directory, either on-line or in print. To that end, the Unit has provided a page where members of Unit 174 can indicate they do not want their addess, phone number(s), and/or email address to show up in the directory.
To access either page, click MyUnit174 on the far right of the above menu. If you have not previously registered, you will need to register using your ACBL # and a password of your choosing.
The Unit intends to publish a print directory in the near future. If you do not want your information shown in the print directory, please update your privacy options on-liine or contact Bill Riley at email@example.com.
UNIT 174 Board of Directors Club Connection Program
Bill Riley, Nancy Strohmer, Sue Williams, and John Caudill
The Board continued our program to connect with our Unit members and traveled to Sugar Land. The Sugar Land DBC has a well organized game at 9 AM every Tuesday morning at the Sugar Land Community Center.
Three of the board members (Nancy Strohmer, John Caudill and Bill Riley) and 2 spouses, Hans Strohmer and Nancy Riley, played bridge on June 2. There were 13 tables with pre-dealt hands and hand records at the end. All had fun and good bridge.
Bridge Club of Houston
- “8 is Enough” Swiss Teams
- Thursday, June 25th
- Hot Diggety Dog Day!
- Saturday, July 4th – “Hot Diggety Dog” Celebration
- Meal @11:00 (Free Hot Dogs--Bring Sides)
- Game @ Noon (Open Pairs & 299r Section)
- Hot Diggety Dog Labor Day!
- Monday, September 7th –
- Meal @ 11:00am (Free Hot Dogs—Bring Sides)
- Game @ 11:55 am (Open Pairs & 299r Section)
Clear Lake Bridge Club
- Clear Lake is having a Longest Day of Bridge on Sunday, June 21st and June 22nd.
- There will be one game on Sunday the 21st with a 0-500 section that day also if attendance warrants.
- On Monday the 22nd there will be a game at 10:00 and one at 2:00. The club will serve pizza between the games. This is a benefit game and we will have a 0-500 section as well as a 500 and up section.
Spring Branch Duplicate
On Thursday, July 23rd at noon there will be Gold Life Master Party for Sandy Lobliner. Hosts will furnish food, but please feel free to bring snacks & desserts. For any questions, please contact hosts Marsha Bernstein, Gabe Perry & Youssef Youssef.
Westside Bridge Academy
- Gold Life Master Party for Connie Robicheax!
- Connie recently went over 2,500 masterpoints and advanced to the rank of Gold Life Master!
- Her friends are honoring her with a party held at WBA on July 14th at 10:30!
- Pizza and salad are being served; your favorite side dish, dessert, or appetizer will be appreciated.
- Come help Connie celebrate!
- Diamond Life Master Party for Betty Starzec!
- Betty recently passed the 5,000 masterpoint mark and became our Unit's newest Diamond Life Master!
- His friends are honoring her with a party on July 16th at 10:30!
- Be sure to come and enjoy the food and the bridge!
- You can download a printable flyer here.